Welcome to MormonTemples.net, a website dedicated to helping people understand Mormon temples. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, otherwise known as the “LDS” or “Mormon” church, operates over 130 temples all over the world. These temples can be found in places like Nigeria, Brazil, Germany, Japan, New York, and everywhere in between.
But what is a Latter-day Saint temple? In a nutshell, Latter-day Saints believe that a temple is the house of God. It is a holy place where God’s presence can be felt and where worshipers find peace and strength.
Some of the questions we hope to help answer within the pages of this website include:
- What goes on in Mormon temples? Why do they exist?
- How is it different from a regular church building?
- How will a Mormon temple affect home values?
- Why can’t I go in a Mormon temple?
- Why do Mormons wear unique undergarments?
- Why is there a golden statue on top of Mormon temples?
We invite you to contact local LDS representatives for more information about LDS temples and Mormonism.